Alberto Felipe Mulás Alonso
- Member of our Board of Directors since October 2006.
- Since 2014, Mr. Mulás has served as Mexico country head of Itaú BBA, a subsidiary of Itaú Unibanco (Brazil’s leading private financial group), responsible for developing the bank’s investment and corporate banking presence in the country. Prior to this, in 2003, he founded and, through 2013, managed CReSCE Consultores, S.C., a firm specialized in corporate finance, corporate governance and strategic planning.
- In January 2001, President Vicente Fox appointed him as Undersecretary of Housing at the Mexican Ministry of Social Development, where he prepared the country’s new housing policy and created the country’s national housing commission and its council, becoming the first commissioner and a member of the presidential cabinet.
- From 1999 to 2001, he was Managing Director at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corp. From 1992 to 1997, he was Lehman Brothers’ country manager and, prior to that, vice president and associate at JP Morgan and Bankers Trust Company, respectively.
- He currently serves as independent director on various boards, including Organización Ramirez (owner of Cinepolis, Latin America’s largest movie theater chain) and Farmacias del Ahorro (Mexico’s second largest pharmacy chain). In recent years, he has also served as an independent director on the boards of leading public firms such as Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Grupo Financiero Santander México, S.A.B. de C.V. and Empresas ICA.
- He holds a degree in chemical engineering from the Universidad Iberoamericana and a Master’s in Business Administration from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.