Martin Werner Wainfeld
- Martin Werner Wainfeld. Mr. Martin Werner Wainfeld was co-head of the Investment Bank for Latin America and Director General of Goldman Sachs in Mexico from 2000 to 2016.
- Previously, he was Undersecretary of Finance in Mexico for the period 1997-1999. He was in charge of the restructuring of Mexico’s external public debt during the 1994-1995 financial crisis.
- Mr. Werner has 16 years’ experience in investment banking and participated in more than ninety merger and acquisition and financing transactions.
- He is a member of the board of directors of Grupo Comercial Chedraui and is a member of the council of the Yale University Business School and Chairman of the Endowment Committee for the Colegio Americano.
- Mr. Werner holds an economics degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and a Ph.D. in economics from Yale University.