Alejandro Ortega Aguayo
- Alejandro Ortega obtained his bachelor’s degree in law from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
- He later obtained his master’s in business administration at Harvard Business School.
- In 1991 he joined the law firm Barrera, Siqueiros y Torres Landa, S.C. (currently Hogan Lovells).
- In 1997 he joined the Investment Banking firm of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette in New York City.
- In 2002 he returned to Mexico City as Vice President of UBS Investment Bank. He acted as head of Investment Banking in Mexico for UBS until 2011, when he joined Morgan Stanley as head of Investment Banking for Mexico, where he gained significant experience in industries such as infrastructure, energy & electricity, financial institutions, real estate, healthcare, and media & telecom.
- As of January 2020 he works as an independent advisor, advising several Mexican and global companies and funds in their businesses both in Mexico and cross border.